Tuesday 14 July 2015

loads of information (visa, hostfamily, etc)


I haven't been here in a while, but now I am back and I have to tell you a few things.
A few weeks ago I visited a friend of mine. I got to know her at the preparation seminar in Helmstedt. It is crazy what the exchange is doing with your life. I haven't even been abroad yet but I already made so many new and amazing friends!!! 
After a lot of paper work my mum and I went to the Argentinian consulate to get my visa on the first of July. It took a long time to get there (I had to go to the consulate in Bonn) and our train drove at 5:28 am!!! I was so tired that I couldn't even think clearly! The whole trip my mum and I thought about the things we might left at home and that I won't get my visa that day and that I have to go back there again! It was like a self-produced horror show in our minds! 
As we got to the consulate we were really surprised by the house of the consulate! I thought that it will be really big and in the middle of the city but it was slightly the opposite!
The bus drive from the central station took about 15 to 20 minutes and when we got there we could only see family houses. And even the consulate looks like a house made for families to live in!
As we got there everything went well. The people were so nice! And everybody talked to us in a lovely way. I had to fill in a form and after that my mum and I had to wait a bit. It was lovely weather by the way! After a while we came into a room where everything got signed and then I already had my visa!!!
We both felt really relieved and we drove back home! On our way back we were able too see the house of my organisation Experiment e.V (the house looks lovely!) and in cologne we went a bit shopping.
The last few days I've been to London. I love it there! I really want to move to England or another country in the UK when I've finished school! The people are so friendly and I am almost dying when I hear their accents!
I would do a separated post about my long weekend there but I haven't got any photos so I thought I would tell you here.
Yesterday was the day every exchange student is freaking out about. Last year I was one of those exchange students too but this time I was really relaxed, I don't know why. I hope that isn't a bad thing...
I was laying in my bed, listening to some music or watching YouTube... I can't really remember. 
The telephone rang and I turned my laptop down because I had this feeling that my organisation is calling. My stepfather answered the telephone and I just heard him saying the name of the woman working for Experiment after he said hello to her. And that was the moment I was sure that I have my host family now. My stepfather gave me the telephone and she told me exactly what I thought she is going to tell me! I didn't get a lot of information from her, but a few minutes after the conversation ended an e-mail with everything I need to know arrived. I will be living in a small town with about 20.000 inhabitants. This town lays in the provinve of Córdoba and is 113 kilometers/70 miles east from the capital town of Córdoba, Córdoba City. The family has five members. A mother and a father with three daughters at the age of  9, 15 and 16! And if I understood everything right I will be in the same class as my 16 years old sister. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. All in all I am super happy with my host family and I can't wait to see them and give them all a big hug! 
The last thing I have to tell you about in todays post is about a big goodbye.
This morning I woke up really early, because my parents and my little sister had to catch their flight! They are going on holiday and they come back the day I'll be leaving for Argentina! That means that I won't see them again for almost a year now. I wanted to go to the airport with them today but my parents didn't allow me to. They consider that staying at home would be the best for us all! I was really sad about that but I wasn't able to change their minds...
Since I've just woken up and had been really tired I couldn't even realize what is happening right now. I haven't really realized it yet! 
Now it's just waiting and packing my suitcase until the take off to Argentina! I am really excited and I can't believe that I only have to wait two weeks from now. Two weeks!!!! That's crazy!
The first people from my preparation seminar are already flying today! I can't really believe that! 
(Hello to the South Africa - people. I hope you'll have a good time on your exchange with a lot of Afrikaans and "braai"!)
And thank you to everyone who made it until here!
I hope you had the motivation to read till the end (I know, I wouldn't) and you'll hear from me really soon again!
Cara


Me in front of the consulate

My stepfather set up an Argentinean flag in front of our house 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!