Tuesday 6 October 2015

día del estudiante


Argentinians are really lazy and don't like going to school (okay, that's not uncommon) and because of that they have a day for everything. The 'día del estudiante' (day of the pupils) is one of them. On the actual day we didn't have school and at the end of the week, on Friday, we celebrated this wonderful day with the school:)
All students met in the schools gym, where we basically just sat around and talked. Some also brought 'mate'. After about half an hour we all went to the little park next to our school, where we played really funny games. 
All the time they played music and the students danced and the pupils of the 6th grade (which is the grade who is about to graduate) celebrated themselves.
Later there was even a live band and we got lunch and ice cream from the school. I brought my camera and my classmates took a lot of photos, and it's such a fun memory to look at them already.
I was so happy that day and I loved spending it with all of my classmates.
In the afternoon, after we were allowed to leave, many of us met at a river near the school. We talked a lot and had a fun time there:)
When I came home in the evening my face was red like a tomato because I had a sunburn and my neck looked the same, maybe even worse.
The 'día del estudiante' was definitely a highlight of the time I already spend here and I'm looking forward to all the other strange days Argentina has to offer.
Cara
♥♥♥






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!