Tuesday 6 October 2015

las alemanas


I had the pleasure to spend the last weekend with my lovely friend Laura. She is also an exchange student from Germany and she lives not far away from my town here. Friday noon my host mother, my host sister and I got into the car and drove to Laura to get her. It was so lovely to see her again, since not seeing her for two months. When we were back in Arroyito we two explored the town, because I never wanted to do it on my own because I was scared that I won't find my way back. After a while we came to a supermarket and decided spontaneously that we wanted to bake a cake. So we bought the ingredients for it and went back home. We didn't end up baking the cake on Friday, because the kitchen was already used by my host sister. She made dinner for us, and in the evening Laura, my two host sisters, a friend and I ate together, because my host parents weren't home that night.
On Saturday we finally baked our cake, after we ate lunch. It turned out really well, and we almost ate the whole cake on our own. I mean we're exchange students, we'll get fat anyways. In the afternoon we went to the center of Arroyito, with the mission to find some clothes we could wear that night.
Indeed we found clothes really quickly. I got a dress and Laura bought herself a top and a skirt.
Back at home we watched a film called 'What if', because Daniel Radcliffe played in it and we were curious how it would be to see him not playing 'Harry Potter'. It was a typical romance film, but I liked it and can really recommend it to the people who like those kind of movies. After we ate dinner (at about 12:00am) Laura and I started getting ready for the night. At about 02:30am we were ready to go out but we had to wait, because her friends from her school hadn't arrived in Arroyito yet. At 03:00 am we left the house by taxi and drove to a nightclub. There we met Lauras friends and later also my host sister and many people from my school. In the club there was also one girl from Italy, she's doing an exchange, too and lives in the same village as Laura. 
The whole night was fun, even though I am not the biggest fan of Spanish music, but I'm getting used to it and I can already sing along a few of the songs.
The club closed at 6 am and we've been outside at about 6:30 because we talked to some people and had to get our jackets. Finally outside we got a burger and then walked home. Since we've been home really late we didn't do a lot on Sunday and in the afternoon we had to bring Laura back home.
I really enjoyed the weekend, and appreciate it so much that my host family made this possible for us!
I didn't think I would say that but it was also nice to talk German again.
I hope this wasn't the last weekend here with Laura.
Cara
♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!