Monday 10 August 2015

first weekend

Now my first weekend with my host family is almost over. I had a lot of fun but I’ve also been really tired all the time. Before I start explaining what we did I wanted to say that I’m pretty sure that this wasn’t a typical weekend for Argentina. Normally they go a lot to clubs but because today the Argentinians have to vote for a new president the clubs here in Arroyito were closed.


Saturday:
In noon my host mum woke us up for lunch. Yes, we skipped breakfast and directly ate lunch. After that I just relaxed a bit, watched friends and did nothing. I also got my sim card that day. In the afternoon my host sisters friend came over and she gave me one kilogram  of “Dulce de Leche”(<- the reason why I'm going to be fat when I'm back in Germany). Best present ever I would say! I got ready and then I talked to them and we drank mate. Then two girls from my class came to pick me up and we went to the primary school because there was a theater play of “One thousand and one night” and the best thing is that it was in English! I had a lot of fun and I’m glad that I made something with people from my school. After I came back home, my host sister, her friend and I watched “Orange is the new black”. In my opinion one of the best shows ever! I watched every single episode and I’m glad that my Spanish isn’t good so I wasn’t able to tell them something they didn't knew, yet…
Later in the evening my family and I went to a restaurant and after that my host sisters visited their friends. They asked me if I want to come with them but I was way too tired… So I just drove home with my host parents and my little sister and went to bed.
Sunday:
The day started really similar to the day before, we woke up and ate lunch. But this time we had visitors. Familiy and a friends. We ate all together but I wasn’t able to eat a lot because I was still full from the day before. I feel like the only thing they do here in Argentina is eating and I really can’t see food anymore. Okay “Dulce de Leche” is the only thing I could always eat but that’s it.After we finished eating, me and two of my host sisters went into our room and we just layed down, watched some Netflix, listened to music and slept. We had a really relaxed and enjoyable time.After a few hours the oldest of my sisters and I watched some photos of my family and friends and then we baked a cake. When the cake was finished we ate it with “Dulce de Leche” and we drank mate. I showed her some German music and when the rest of the family came I showed them where I live in Germany. I really liked the day because I got the feeling that I finally arrived and that I start to become a part of the family.


Now it’s almost 8pm and I’m still wearing my sleeping clothes. I don’t think we’ll do something besides eating dinner. Tomorrow school starts again, what I’m not really excited for. But in the evening I will try out spinning. I hope I’ll like it because I really need to do some sport!
Besides spinning I want to start playing handball.
I'll tell you about the after school activities really soon.
Take care,
Cara
♥♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!